19th May, 2018 - Bib collection day at Jibhi | 20th May, 2018 - Race Day
The run kicks off at a picturesque curve just outside Narkanda and turns on to MDR 15 towards Thanadhar. After 4.5km it takes a detour on to the Narkanda-Baghi Rd. At 6 km along this road, it takes a U-Turn and shall return all the way to the start point. This is where the marathon ends. The runners go through a terrain of deep alpine forest and fruit orchards on an adventure which includes skirting a mountain.
- The course begins just outside Narkanda with a moderate descent for about 3 km and then climbs steadily up for about 2.5 km. This is followed by a steep incline for another 2.5 km and a 2 km decline at the end. This is the U-turn point at Shalag. The total altitude gained is 760 ft.
- After the U-turn we go back down the path we’ve come up and finish at Narkanda.
- The course is moderate and altitude acclimatization is key – train well with hill training or a load on your back.
- See the Map and the Elevations - come prepared to stay a few days after the run too - Enjoy the fresh mountain air and nature.
- A little over 170 km from Chandigarh, Narkanda is on the NH-5 Hindustan-Tibet highway which connects Shimla to Kinnaur and Spiti. It is about 65 km from Shimla.
- By Road
- Chandigarh - 173 KM away. Head north on the NH 5 towards Shimla. Continue on NH 5 to Narkanda which is 65 km from Shimla
- Shimla - 65 KM away. Head east on NH 5 and reach Narkanda in about 2 hrs
- By Bus
- There are HRTC buses and private Volvos from Chandigarh and Delhi to Narkanda
- There are many more buses to Shimla from both Chandigarh and Delhi. Buses and shared taxis are available for Narkanda
- Nearest Airports
- Chandigarh (IXC) | Shimla (SLV) | New Delhi (DEL)
- Nearest Rail Junction
- Kalka station (KLK) - This is the closest broad gauge
- Shimla (SML) - Connected to Kalka by the UNESCO heritage Toy-Train